Server is basically a device which serves.It can be a program or specialized hardware.All websites data are stored on servers and we can access the data through a software installed in our device.They Maintains the data and serve it to the clients to any part in the world.
TYPES OF SERVERS
Application server-used for hosting web apps.
- file server-shares files and folders.
- fax server-shares one or more fax machine over network.
- web server-host web pages.
- catalog server-maintains index of table of contents.
- communication server-used for communication between two users or devices.
- computing server-shares CPU(central processing unit) and RAM(random access memory)
- Database server-maintains and shares any form of data.
- Game server-enables to play multiplayer games on two or more devices.
SPECIFICATIONS OF SERVERS
- The hardware of server is of high quality as compared to traditional computers and the processor used is also much fast and advanced like INTEL XEON series.
- Memory of server is also of high grade.
- Hard drives used are also durable.
HOW TO GET A SERVER
You can purchase your own dedicated server but it is very expensive.You can take server space on rent from various Hosting websites.
Servers are the backbone of INTERNET.